In last week’s the hockey week, on sportal HD, Klaus Zaugg stated that EV Zug would be a bit too precis and too nice to be Swiss champion this season. But taking a closer look on the “bad boys” chart of the National League A, one notices that Johan Morant and Reto Suri are in the TOP 10 of the bad boys list. This shows that even in the department of emotional game play, the team from Zug is ready for the playoffs and has a good chance to win the second championship title in the team’s history!
TOP 10 Bad boys in the National League A:
- Johan Morant (EV Zug); 114 PIM
- Beat Forster (HC Davos): 114 PIM
- Christopher Rivera (Fribourg Gottéron); 99 PIM
- Ville Koistinen (SCL Tigers); 76 PIM
- Sebastian Schilt (Fribourg-Gottéron); 75 PIM
- Mathias Joggi (EHC Biel); 71 PIM
- Reto Suri (EV Zug); 69 PIM
- Alessandro Chiesa (HC Lugano); 68 PIM
- James Sheppard (Kloten Flyers); 67 PIM
- Goran Bezina (Genève Servette HC ); 67 PIM
PIM= Total Penalty Minutes
We can tell out of this TOP 10 list that most teams have their dirty players that get a lot of penalty minutes, but Zaugg has missed the fact that the ZSC Lions in fact are the team that plays clean and precis. The first player with the ZSC Lions, who has a high number of penalty minutes is Fabrice Herzog, who is on 16th place overall. But also Lausanne is missing in this list and Lausanne has an even cleaner game plan than Zurich, with John Gobbi (42 PIM) as the team’s “dirtiest player”.