With 27 wins out of 45 regular season games, the Rapperswil-Jona Lakers have won the regular season and are aiming to get back into the National League A. They will beginn the playoffs tomorrow evening against the Hockey Thurgau and aim to sweep them with 4 straight wins. Will they be able to get back into the NLA if they manage win the National League B?
We have listed the arguments for and against Rapperswil in getting back into the National League A:
Rapperswil gets back into the NLA because:
- After an successful year in the National League B, the Lakers have fueled themselves with a lot of self confidence and are eager to get back into highest league of our country.
- With 5 points ahead of the SC Langenthal, they are well ahead of the field of the NLB.
Rapperswil doesn’t get back into the NLA because:
- The Playout-teams of the Nationl League A could be to strong for the Lakers, as the EHC Biel and the SCL Tigers are getting better towards the end of the regular season. In comparison: EHC Biel now has 47 points out of 46 games; Rapperswil had 43 points after 50 games in the last season.
- Rapperswil is not ready for the National League A after just one season of National League B.
- The last team that managed to get back into the National League A with only one season in the NLB, was the former EHC Basel Sharks, who had to play in the NLB in the 04/05 season and returned back into the NLA after just one season in the NLB. Since than Lausanne, EHC Biel and the SCL Tigers had to spend more than just one season in the National League B to return.
We @swisshockeytrolls don’t think that Rapperwil will make it back into the top league of Switzerland this season, as they are not ready for the challenge in the National League A again, after just one season of NLB. If they would reach the League qualification rounds, the NLA teams EHC Biel, SCL Tigers etc. will simply be to strong for them, after their strong performance against the end of this regular season.